Thursday, October 11, 2007

‘Evano Oruvan’ to be premiered abroad


The story of ‘Evano Oruvan’ is all set to be told to Indian audiences in the United States and the Middle East.
Leukos Films, the production house of actor Madhavan, would be taking its maiden venture to Los Angeles, New York, Bahrain, Oman, Dubai, Qatar and Abu Dhabi by the end of October.
The movie is a remake of the award-winning Marathi film ‘Dombvili Fast’, which follows a middle-class protagonist struggling to live by his principles in a corrupt world.
“I had to work really hard for this film. The camera tends to make the hero larger than life. I had to fight that, put junior artistes bigger than me around me, wear clothes and develop mannerisms that make me blend into the crowd.
I had to unlearn hitting and hit like I didn’t know how to do it before,” said Madhavan, about his experience of working on the film.
Shot entirely in Chennai, shooting for the movie was completed in exactly 31 days.
So is this going to be a film aimed at the film festival circuit?
“This is a hardcore, straightforward Tamil film,” he insists.
It will not be released abroad first, though.
One of the prerequisites for entries at film festivals is that the film be released in the country of production.
The preview shows are just that — previews with entry on invitation.
“With all my projects, there is certain amount of dissatisfaction, things that I wish I had done better. This film has given me an unprecedented level of satisfaction,” adds Madhavan.
‘Evano Oruvan’ is slated for a December 7 release.

No comments: